About Otakaro Pathways
Otakaro Pathways is a New Zealand owned and operated business established in 2011 by three medical laboratory scientists, and is a practical way to capture expertise in specific fields of human illness. The founding directors have an intimate understanding of the complex technology developed for medical laboratories and the application of this technology to emerging diseases.
With their experience and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking style Otakaro Pathways are utilising novel science-based solutions to improve health and wellbeing within the human and agricultural sectors.
Current areas of research and development include:
- Auto-immune disease diagnosis and treatment development – particularly focused on science relating to Crohn’s disease.
- PSA infection identification and treatment in Kiwifruit
- Animal TB testing
Our vision is to provide a pathway for those who seek to explore the use of novel technical solutions to solve emerging problems in human and agricultural arenas with the goal of realizing commercial value from the research. We have a strong focus on creating technology that impacts positively on human health.
Our core values
- Commitment to win:win relationships with our partners and collaborators
- Ensure scientific integrity supported by a culture of respect, trust, and loyalty
- Hold an open minded approach to finding and developing solutions
- Encourages innovation and celebrates success